Saturday 29 November 2014

The future dollhouse

My baby daughter is only 6 months old, but we're already planning to build her a dollhouse for her 3rd birthday. The store-bought ones aren't that cute - the walls have painted-on stuff that isn't there and the furniture is tacky and plastic. Our house is going to be clean and tidy and unique and we're going to make as much of it as interactive as possible.

My head is full of ideas. I can already picture Barbie reading mini-books or poruing cereal into a bowl, taking a real bubble bath or doing some real gardening - the possibilities are endless :)

When I imagine my daughter seeing the house for the very first time, her look or astonishment and amazement, not being able to take everything in at once, I get tears in her eyes. This is probably more exviting for me than for her, LOL.

I've started to gather my materials- recyclables, decorations, arts and crafts supplies...

This weekend I'm going to start making my first piece and will I report on it here. Maybe this will inspire You to make something for your child as well... or spend some quality time with them and build it together....

No comments:

Post a Comment