Thursday 4 December 2014

Warm and comfy on the sofa

Tania was still unhappy...


I had to help  the poor girl!



A couple of sponges and I was ready to go... The base was two big bath sponges stuck together and covered in a piece of leather that I 'borrowed' from my mother-in-laws basement. She is such a hoarder (and for once I didn't mind)! 


The back is two cushions made from 2 big dish sponges each. 


The sides are two small bath dish sponges with the rough part torn off to make them narrower.


All the elements are held together by glue. I don't sew..... :D


...much.... I mean, Tania needed some cushions for sure! I recycled my fave neon green plush hoodie... after my pregnancy it's ....uhm... a little tight :D
I cut out some rectangles, folded them in half and sewed the three sides together, filling the pillows with some scraps of the same material. Went all out and made a bedspread too :D The seams are not half bad either.

The sofa is a bit low... the seat was originally supposed to be raised more off the floor with and additional padding of sponge cushions... but I couldn't find any in the right size. I'm going to add some legs to the sofa if I find something suitable (maybe try some bottletops)





1 comment: